Bury St Edmunds
£26,000 – 30,000, pension contribution, 21 + 8 days holiday, free parking, Christmas shutdown, overtime at 1.5 time
Do you have PLC Programming skills with Siemens or Allen Bradley?
Would you like a varied challenge from producing the PLC programming solutions to fault finding, commissioning, testing for the multi-disciplinary special purpose and bespoke machinery product range?
Are you an Engineer who would relish an opportunity to join at an exciting time in the growth and development of this manufacturing business in their new role of Controls Engineer?
Controls Engineer skills and qualities:
• Qualified in a Robotics / Automation / Controls Engineering related subject with knowledge of mechanical, electrical and electronic engineering
• Some experience of PLC programming and control software, e.g. Siemens, Allen Bradley, ladder logic and HMI with strong logical, fault finding and problem solving skills
• Electrical control panel knowledge to be able to fault find and debug wiring issues.
• Reasonable understanding of mechanical systems
• A logical thinker, be proactive to juggle different projects and changing demands with ease and confidence through effective time management and a structured approach to deliver great software control solutions for customers
• Though primarily office and factory based, you should have the flexibility to occasionally travel internationally, pre-planned to Europe, China, Indonesia, UK etc
Responsibilities of the Controls Engineer:
• Develop the control systems for their innovative product range from concept through to customer specification, testing to implementation ready for installation of machinery across industrial, commercial manufacturing
• Liaise with customers and engineers over the telephone, by email or remote access to diagnose issues and provide technical support
• Update operating manuals as required, ensure safety systems are linked and factory acceptance tests completed ready for client sign-off
• Work closely with the Production Manager and engineers to ensure specifications are met accurately and deadlines achieved so a flexible hands on approach is needed
The bigger opportunity: Joining this innovative, expanding manufacturer you will assist the Production Manager and Engineers to deliver the control system specified by the customers on time. With your solid base of PLC skills, you will be keen to learn more and get involved hands-on. In return they will invest in you to enhance your technical development with opportunities to attend specific software or technical courses so you can deliver outstanding product solutions.
Actively interviewing and ready to hire immediately so contact Deborah 07766 56 26 43 | 01284 700323
Salary and benefits: £26,000 – 30,000, pension contribution, 21 + 8 days holiday, free parking, Christmas shutdown, overtime at 1.5 time
Opportunity to work with: Control systems | Automation | Robotics | Siemens | Allen Bradley | HMI | fault finding | problem solving | product development | electronic | software | electrical | control panel | design | mechanical | bespoke machinery | engineering
You must be eligible to work in the UK to apply for this role.