Technical and Warranty Support Specialist
£to attract the best, 21 days holiday + bank hols and benefits
This Technical and Warranty Support Specialist role is a unique and varied opportunity to join a growing and successful engineering business who are strengthening their dedicated team to deliver top quality technical and customer service for their great range of products to their UK and European markets.
You will be a well organised and proactive engineer or vehicle engineer who, after specific product training, will deliver outstanding technical engineering knowledge and solutions plus training support, both externally and internally.
Technical and Warranty Support Specialist responsibilities:
• Technical Support: Be the main point of contact, ensuring all incoming calls, emails, faxes and on-line enquiries requiring technical advice and support are accurately assessed and actioned for your customers
• Training: In house and external training of dealership engineers, creating and updating training literature and bulletins plus some visits to customers as required
• Investigation: Fault finding, diagnosis and provision of constructive, best practice solutions to customers technical issues, then fed back internally to improve the aftercare market, products and services offered
• Warranty Support: Liaise with dealers on warranty claims, assess and approve, progress through investigations to repair and conclusion, providing feedback both to customers and internally to engineering and design
• Processes: Improve service levels, develop and move forward the processes and procedures to ensure the facility is an outstanding technical resource for customers
• Reports and Administration: Varies from KPI’s to technical bulletins, minutes of warranty meeting to warranty documentation, you’ll be able to analyse and drive continuous improvement forwards
Skills and experience of the Technical and Warranty Support Specialist:
• You will be BTEC / NVQ / HNC or maybe degree qualified in mechanical, automotive, vehicle or electromechanical engineering or with significant demonstrable experience, this role will suit a personable, passionate automotive, agricultural or capital equipment engineer
• Engineering, manufacturing and fabrication experience with knowledge of hydraulic and electrical systems plus basic engine technology in a dynamic production environment
• Strong customer skills means excellent communication, negotiation and influencing ability with training experience, attention to detail and the drive to continually seek improvements
• A decision maker, problem solver and highly organised, able to juggle multiple tasks to deliver great results using your initiative
• Sound IT skills, a flexible approach and strong work ethic will be rewarded with a long-term career opportunity with this “going places” successful business. A Valid UK driving licence is essential
Are you up for the challenge? They are actively interviewing and ready to hire immediately so contact Deborah 07766 56 26 43 | 01284 700323 and send your CV using the links provided
Salary and benefits: £very competitive, pension and 21 days holiday + Bank Hols and other benefits
Opportunity to work with: Engineering | Mechanical | Electrical | Control Systems | Hydraulics | Engines | Capital Equipment | Workshop and fabrication | Continuous Improvement CI | Warranty | Repairs | Training | Customer Service | Training
Commutable from: Bury St Edmunds | Diss | Hadleigh | Haverhill | Ipswich | Needham Market | Stowmarket | Sudbury and surrounding areas
Similar titles: Automotive Engineer | Mechanic | Vehicle Engineer | Warranty Manager | Workshop Controller | Agricultural Engineer | Electro - Mechanical Engineer | Project Engineer |
You must be eligible to work in the UK to apply for this role.