Technical Support Engineer
£ salary to attract the best plus an excellent benefits package including pension, health care, 25 days holiday and more
Do you have a BSc, BEng, MEng or MSc or equivalent in Physics, Electronics or a Life Science discipline?
Have you customer service experience and would relish the chance to utilise your high tech engineering knowledge in optics, fibre optics, lasers and electronics to provide high quality, front line support?
As the Technical Support Engineer you’ll be good at gathering technical information to understand a customer application and then identify solutions to troubleshoot problems or come up with alternative ideas.
This role offers a superb career development programme so don’t miss this amazing opportunity. Learn from and report to an experienced Technical Support Manager:
What the Technical Support Engineer role involves:
• Outstanding communication skills will enable you to provide technical support for the high tech products via the telephone and email supporting the UK customer base, predominantly comprising academic, government and commercial sectors
• Focussed product training initially, then on the job continuous development with manager and peers
• Working closely with the internal engineering teams and global technical support teams, providing front line support you’ll identify issues and find solutions to arising problems and technical enquiries
• Utilising customer feedback you’ll have input into product design and new ideas, be able to develop testing and performance reporting associated with non-conformance
• Occasionally attend tradeshows or customer visits (UK and overseas) for trouble shooting, testing or demonstrating products you may have assisted in building
Technical Support Engineer skills and qualities
• Bachelor or Master’s degree (BSc, BEng, MEng or MSc) or equivalent industry experience in Physics, Electronics or a Life Science discipline, ideally with knowledge in photonics, optics, fibre optics, interferometry or lasers. Would suit a recent graduate or more experienced Engineer alike.
• Customer skills that instil confidence and strong communication to provide clear information
• Computer literate, attention to detail and sound time-management experience
• Trouble shooting and finding root causes through to an engineering and production understanding to aid bespoke customer product development when required.
About the company and opportunity:
You’ll be customer focussed and technically astute to join this highly successful, expanding and dynamic international business. They have a very forward-thinking management culture, supplying technically advanced products around the world to discerning clients. They live and breathe strong core values of customer focus, pride, motivation, respect, honesty, trust and collaboration, supporting and developing their staff to achieve amazing results, often leading to further in-house career opportunities.
Actively interviewing and ready to hire immediately so please contact Deborah 07766 56 26 43 | 01284 700323
Salary and benefits: ££ very competitive with a great benefits package including focussed personal development, 25 days holiday; contributed pension scheme; Life Cover; Private Health Care; Child Care Vouchers; Income Protection and more
Hours: 1st 4 weeks for training 08:00 – 16:30 Monday to Friday then a standard 37.5hr/wk after 4 weeks
You must be eligible to work in the UK to apply for this role.