Warehouse / Stores person
Supply Chain & Logistics
Mildenhall, Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk
£18 - 20,000 + 3% pension, 25 days holiday + 8 statutory, profit based bonus
Are you a Warehouse / Stores person who keeps a clean and well organised stores, plans ahead to get all the right components in the right place at the right time for production can meet their targets?
This is a special opportunity for a competent Warehouse / Stores person to be responsible for the engineering stores to support the assembly and manufacture of electrical and mechanical parts and products. You will ensure the correct items are all available to meet production and delivery schedules and then customers receive their orders on time.
What you will be doing as the Warehouse / Stores person:
• Receiving, quality checking and booking in deliveries using the IT system
• Putting stock away and monitoring the accuracy of stock levels against the agreed inventory levels
• Liaising with the company buyer to reorder and adjust stock levels
• Picking components and assembling kits ready for manufacture against works orders
• Packing items ready for dispatch, ensuring safe delivery using appropriate materials
• Keeping the stores are clean, tidy and well organised with accurate labelling and storage
The Warehouse / Stores person skills and qualities
• You’ll be able to work independently and as part of a busy team to support production
• The ability to read mechanical and electrical drawings is an advantage
• Demonstrating good communication skills you will also be numerate with an eye for detail, spotting shortages, wrong or late deliveries
• IT literate, Word, Excel, Outlook etc and some knowledge of MRP / ERP/ SAP systems beneficial
• Previous experience in a similar role and maybe you are ready for a step up to run your own stores
About the company: This successful and productive engineering manufacturing team is supported by an international parent company. As the Warehouse / Stores person you will work in harmony with your colleagues whilst bringing an efficient, detailed and methodical way of working with the desire to achieve the best results.
Actively interviewing and ready to hire immediately so contact Deborah 07766 56 26 43 | 01284 700323
Salary and benefits: £18 - 20,000 + 3% pension, 25 days holiday + 8 statutory, profit based bonus
Opportunity to work with: Warehouse | Stores | Stock management | Goods in & Goods out | Despatch
Commutable from: Bury St Edmunds | Diss | Ely | Mildenhall | Newmarket | Soham | Thetford and surrounding areas
You must be eligible to work in the UK to apply for this role.