Electrical Systems Engineer
£very attractive depending on experience and skill set, Pension contribution, bonus scheme, flexible working from home / office mix, 22 days holiday + Bank Hols and more
This is a once-in-a-life-time career opportunity for an Electrical Systems Engineer to work on exciting new development projects as well as upgrading and improving the existing product range. If you a proactive and talented Electrical Systems Engineer, who is passionate about developing market leading products allied to automotive engineering, drives, powertrain, wiring harness, clean engines and all related control systems, then this exceptional opportunity at the forefront of some revolutionary product development is for you!
You’ll be taking whole complex electromechanical engineering products from concept right through electrical design, prototyping, testing, to manufacture and launch, utilising your technical skills. You will also be involved with production, the workshop and production engineering, using your knowledge and technical ability to develop the best solutions in this dedicated and market leading UK design engineering and manufacturing environment.
Electrical Systems Engineer skills and qualities
• Electrical Engineering background with an HNC / HND or BEng and with a couple of years experience in control system and electrical engineering ideally with some R&D exposure
• Design and development of Electrical Looms / Harness and an understanding of Electrical Safety Control Systems to BS13849
• CAN bus systems design with ECU integration for automotive machinery and their applications into products
• Ideally some Powertrain / Hybrid engine experience gained in design and manufacturing
• 3D and 2D CAD skills (Solidworks / Arcadia ideally) plus IT literate Excel / Word / ERP / MRP systems
• Practical engineering experience, able to problem solve and think laterally, identify improvements whilst keeping an eye on the detail
• Communicate and collaborate effectively with colleagues from production to design, quality to procurement, able to deliver commercially effective solutions and products
• Organised and able to manage multiple tasks, hands-on with an inquisitive passion for control system engineering
Electrical Systems Engineer involvement:
• Be curious about technological developments in the electrical control system field; research, find answers and suggest options to achieve the best design & build objectives
• Designing and developing new products to implementing improvements into existing products with all associated detailing, specifications, test and technical support
• Utilise your hands on engineering skills in order to achieve DFMA (Design for Manufacture and Assembly) capabilities in conjunction with the production team, prototype and manufacturing engineers
• Work closely with suppliers and purchasing to improve products with full engineering control of parts revision, Bills of Material (BOM’s), ensuring accurate technical specifications
• Providing engineering support to production and procurement plus assisting with the production of technical files for CE marking, to meet all directive and legislative requirements
A unique East Anglian opportunity
This is a superb and unique career opportunity for an ambitious Electrical Systems Engineer to be fully involved at a very exciting time at the heart of a dedicated design & development team. With significant recent growth, further investment and the desire to further increase their market share with superb revolutionary new products, they are offering a talented electrical engineer the chance to grow and develop into bigger and better things through continual personal development.
Actively interviewing and ready to hire so upload your CV using the links or contact Deborah on 07766 56 26 43 | 01284 700323
Salary and benefits: £very attractive depending on experience and skill set, Pension contribution, bonus scheme, flexible working from home / office mix, 22 days holiday + Bank Hols and more
Opportunity to work with: Electrical Control Systems | Design | Solidworks 2D & 3D | CAD |Arcadia | Powertrain | CAN bus| BOM Bill of Materials | MRP/ERP | Electrical design | Design for Manufacture DFM |
You must be eligible to work in the UK to apply for this role.