Electrical Systems Design Engineer
£30,000 – 60,000 d.o.e., Pension contribution, bonus scheme, flexible working from home / office mix, relocation, 22 days holiday + Bank Hols and more
Are you a talented Electrical Systems Design Engineer, passionate about developing market leading solutions allied to automotive engineering, drives, powertrain, harness / loom design, environmentally clean engines, and all their related control systems?
Electrical Systems Design Engineer activities:
• Using your electrical skills to take whole complex electromechanical engineering products from concept right through design, prototyping, test to manufacture and launch.
• Be curious about technological developments in the electrical control system field, research, find answers, suggest options to achieve design & build objectives
• Use your practical engineering experience, problem solve, think laterally, identify improvements whilst keeping an eye on the detail, be organised and able to manage multiple tasks
• Be closely involved with design, production, workshop and production engineering teams, using your knowledge and technical ability to bring what works best to this expanding UK manufacturer
• Communicate and collaborate effectively with the team to deliver commercially effective solutions and products
• Assist with the production of technical files for CE marking, and meet all directive and legislative requirements
Electrical Systems Design Engineer skills and qualities
• Electrical Engineering with an HNC / HND or BEng with ideally a couple of years experience in electrical design engineering of Electrical Looms / Harness for mobile machinery
• Ideally CAN bus systems design with ECU integration for automotive machinery and their applications into mobile machinery products and develop machinery control systems and controller design, PLC programming utilising Parker IQAN
• Develop Powertrain / Hybrid engine experience through co-design and development in the team
• 3D and 2D CAD skills for schematics and layouts in Solidworks or Arcadia plus IT literate Excel / Word / ERP / MRP systems
• Achieve DFMA (Design for Manufacture and Assembly) capabilities in conjunction with the production team, prototype and manufacturing engineers
• Preferably have experience of Electrical Safety Control Systems to BS13849
• Work closely with suppliers and purchasing to improve products with full engineering control of parts revision, Bills of Material (BOM’s), ensuring accurate technical details for the sizing and specification of electrical components
A unique Electrical Systems Design Engineer opportunity
As the Electrical Systems Design Engineer you will be fully involved at a very exciting time in the heart of a dedicated design & development team. With significant recent capital investment, increasing their market share with superb revolutionary new products, this leading manufacturer are offering a talented electrical engineer the chance to grow and develop into bigger and better things through continual personal development.
Actively interviewing and ready to hire so upload your CV using the links or contact Deborah on 07766 56 26 43 | 01284 700323
Salary and benefits: £30,000 – 50,000 d.o.e., Pension contribution, bonus scheme, career development, flexible working from home / office mix, 22 days holiday + 8 Bank Hols, relocation package and more
You must be eligible to work in the UK to apply for this role.