Warehouse Operative / Fork Lift driver
Supply Chain & Logistics
£to attract the best, 22 days holiday + bank hols and benefits
As the Warehouse Operative you will enjoy being part of a very busy team supporting production, relish the challenge of working in a varied role for a growing business, and someone who likes to see orders fulfilled accurately on time.
Warehouse Operative - activities:
• Accurate and timely picking of parts and components for production, engineering, fabrication and customers
• Use a Reach Truck and/or Counterbalance Forklifts safely to load and unload delivery vehicles
• Accurately book in and put components away correctly, updating the electronic ERP system - training will be given
• Ensure all products are in their right locations to facilitate correct picking and stock takes
• Be part of the warehouse team making sure all tasks are completed ensuring deadlines are met, keeping a tidy work area and H&S adhered to.
Warehouse Operative - you’ll need these skills and qualities:
• Valid Counterbalance Forklift and/or Reach Truck Licence
• Team player with excellent communication skills who can step up to the pace quickly, have a focussed work ethic, is flexible, can meet deadlines yet work accurately
• IT skills and able to use tablets and smart phones for e.g. stock management
• Experience in a warehouse with ideally an engineering production environment preferred
• Use your own initiative within SOP’s, and be able to juggle regular tasks in between those urgent and important tasks that always crop up, including stock takes
• Due to the nature of the role there will be lifting involved of up to 15 kg so you’ll need to be physically fit and H&S aware
This is a great opportunity for a committed Warehouse Operative and as your skills increase in line with the development plan, so will your income. There are long term opportunities for personal development within the business as they continue to launch new products, expanding their market, and further increase production.
Hours: 07:00 – 15:30 Monday to Friday
Act NOW and upload your CV as they are ready to hire immediately so contact Deborah 07766 56 26 43 | 01284 700323
Salary and benefits: £attractive rates that will increase in line with the skills development plan, some overtime, 22 days holiday + 8 bank hols and a great range of benefits
Commutable from: Suffolk | Bury St Edmunds | Diss | Hadleigh | Ipswich | Needham Market | Stowmarket | Sudbury and surrounding areas
You must be eligible to work in the UK to apply for this role.