Mechanical Design Engineer - Manufacturing
£ salary to attract the best plus an excellent benefits package including pension, health care, 25 days holiday and more
Variety is the spice of life as a Mechanical Design Engineer. From precision mechanical and electrical devices to heavy manufacturing, special purpose machinery, manufacturing equipment and jigs and fixtures, you’ll develop innovative solutions for a range of technology challenges. This role is rather unique and involves lots of collaboration with the Quality, Design and Production teams supporting manufacturing improvement initiatives.
Mechanical Design Engineer - skills and knowledge:
• BEng / BSc in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering or equivalent with 3 - 5 years experience in product development and proven product release
• Lead the design, test, procurement and introduction of new machinery, jigs and fixtures as well as micron level precision electro-mechanical devices.
• Able to produce high quality manufacturing drawings in 2D and 3D Solidworks containing full tolerances and detailed finishing specifications for precision components designed to micron level
• A creative, practical, team player who has excellent technical knowledge, the ability to problem solve and support the R&D teams with new product introductions
• An all-round mechanical design engineer with an eye for DFM and DMA (design for manufacture and assembly) attention to detail, also able to create and update SOP’s
• An understanding of machinery directive safety legislation, Pressure equipment Directive, PUWER and LOLER regulations compliance and H&S
• Provide rapid response and resolution to production issues creating continuous improvements
What an opportunity for a talented Mechanical Design Engineer to thrive in a positive, goal driven, strong team, focussed on new products and continuous improvements. Customised training and development will allow your career progression to flourish, so don’t miss out!
Actively interviewing and ready to hire immediately so send your CV NOW using the links provided or contact Deborah on 07766 56 26 43 | 01284 700323
Opportunity to work with: Design | Engineer | Mechanical | Electro-mechanical | Solidworks | micron tolerances | precision components | Manufacturing | DFM | DFA | Evaluate | Test | Launch
Salary package: ££to attract only the best with excellent benefits package including pension, healthcare, life cover, income protection, childcare vouchers, bike or season ticket loan, relocation package if applicable
You must be eligible to work in the UK to apply for this role.